Monday, May 15, 2006

I'll Kill You

That's a catchy title.

Following is a recent conversation between my husband and me.

Ring...ring.
Suk: Hello.

MandeJ: Hi. I'm gonna kill you.

Suk: What? Wait a minute. Why?

MandeJ: I'm gonna kill you because you left the gate open this morning, and the dog got out and caused damage all over the house.

Suk: Why would you kill me? I don't think that is very nice thing to say. How can you say something like that?

MandeJ: Did you hear me? The dog got out and chewed up the house!
Suk: I am really hurt by what you said. You want to kill me?

MandeJ: It's a common saying...it's something that Americans often say to each other. How could you have left the gate open?

Suk: That's just an excuse. I don't want to hear your excuses. All Americans say they are going to kill each other? I don't believe it. I'm really upset.

MandeJ: Okay, I'm sorry. I should not have said that, but you should know that Americans do say this phrase...a lot. Perhaps I have never said it to you before because I never needed to.

Houston, we are not communicating here!

2 comments:

illahee said...

oh, you should have taught that to him a long time ago!! LOL i guess maybe it's a good thing that you haven't so far...

please don't kill him. ;)

Shannon said...

Did he ever get around to explaining about the gate?