Monday, May 01, 2006

Being the Mama of a Mama's Boy

I have come to the conclusion that being a mama of a Mama's Boy is really not so bad. In fact, it is quite flattering, and it is hard to force yourself to try and break the habits created between you and your Mama's boy.

Why did I come to this conclusion? Well, as you know, I often complain about my husband's attachment to his mom and about her encouragement of the whole situation. Well, now that I am the proud mama of a little male dog, I have realized that his attachment to me is really quite endearing. No, not just endearing, it is downright flattering and cute, and I do not see myself ever putting a stop to it.

I read in a magazine the other day about a mom who felt this way, and she wrote that she feels so good because her child can only be comforted by her, cries whenever she leaves the room, wants to follow her everywhere, loves to cuddle up to her, prefers her over other people, and seems so content sleeping in her arms. Well, this is exactly how I feel about my puppy, even if it is does piss other people off. He can keep on being a mama's boy for all his life, and I am not going to break him of it.

(Still trying to break him of the habit of peeing all around the kitchen though!)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

It is cute - for a BOY! Not cute or sweet for a 30 year old man. The expression "cut the apron strings" exists for a reason. :)