Saturday, March 18, 2006

Overheard at a Bar (No, wait, I was a part of this conversation!)

Last night, I went out with a group of English teachers, mostly Japanese, and Craig posed this question:

If you could live across the street from anything in the world, what would it be?"

Craig's answer: A brewery
MandeJ's answer: A coffee shop
Mr. O: A movie theater
Mr. K: A ramen shop
Mr. N: A park
Ms. K: A coffee shop, also
Mr. T: A book store
Mr. S: A librarian

Wait, a librarian? You mean, LIBRARY, right?

Mr. S, whose English is almost perfect, says, "No, I mean LIBRARIAN."

4 comments:

L. said...

I was going to vote for the park, but come to think of it, a sexy male librarian would be pertty handy, too.

Granny said...

Hi Mande

If you really want pictures and story, check out my blog.

It was fun for all of us I think. Very casual - 7 adults, 9 kids who all managed to get along.

One long post and quite a few photos in about 4 batches. Blogger was giving me fits.

Granny said...

Sorry - should have said I was talking about your comment on L's blog.

Holley Wilson Mayville said...

Hi, Mande,
Thanks for linking my blog. You're too kind, and yes, I am mean, darnit! Why won't anyone believe me?
Japlish! That's funny. Sorry I'm reply in your comments, but I couldn't find an e-mail address.