Friday, March 24, 2006

Once again, it is time to BNM*

*BNM means bitch 'n' moan.

We are on official count-down mode here. In 36 hours, we will be in the middle of moving to our new place. So after a day of hard window shopping and then finally purchasing a long-coveted bookshelf, I returned home to our old place (already calling it that out of mix of nostalgia & annoyance) to several towers of hastily labeled boxes.

I started packing the kitchen last night after making a final pot of curry - something that will last a few days, not only in quantity, but also in aroma. I have been noticing lately how much my age is catching up with me.

I mean, I know that I am only 29 and this summer will celebrate the big 30, but MAN, am I out of shape or what?! I feel sore after sitting in the same position for more than 5 minutes. I get up and my legs have muscle cramps and I have to limp to the next room. Then, after packing the kitchen (only 1/3 of it), I was so sore that I could barely crawl into my freezing-ass bed at 1 AM.

Did I mention the results of my health check a couple weeks ago? Well, I am a 36-year-old trapped in a 29-year-old's body. I have several friends who are in their late 30's, so I certainly don't want to offend anyone. But, if this is rate I am going, by the time I really am 36, I will be 50 on the inside. The saddest thing is that I have not had children yet, so my young, limber body (wherever it went!) will never have the chance to chase her kids around the yard. (Next, I should say that my new resolution is to take up yoga (for real, this time!) and to exercise regularly along with eating a well-balanced diet, but I won't satisfy you all with that kind of unrealistic bullshit. You know I won't do it, and I know that you know, so let's cut the crap.)

In a couple of weeks, after unpacking the house and while still being in the midst of training my new puppy, I will be so unbelievably busy at school with the start of the new year that I will be lucky to even think about food/exercise, other than the food I give to the dog and walks I take him on. Unhealthy I know, but students and dogs take precedence at this time in my life.

My husband often complains that I am the most selfish person in the world. I am SO NOT selfish. Just because I use the word "I" a lot does not make me, me, me a selfish person, right?

Enough of my blathering. I really need to stop reading other people's blogs and get back to work.

No comments: