Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Now that everyone is ... happy

Last fall, my friend Sara got engaged to her awesome live-in boyfriend. He is very much like a boy we all had a crush on when we were kids, so I consider her to be pretty lucky. They'll get married this September in Wisconsin. A small wedding as neither one of them are religious. I would so like to attend this wedding, but due to my school schedule, I doubt it will possible. I haven't made a final decision on that front though.

Last night, my best friend Shannon got engaged to her boyfriend Russell. I wrote about them in a previous entry. She forewarned me the day before by sending me an email. She said if he were to propose, she would call my cell phone immediately. I made sure to charge up my cell phone this morning before leaving for work, but unfortunately, I forgot it at home. I stopped at home on my way to my Japanese lesson, and there was a frantic message on the cell phone, along with another one on the house phone. She is engaged! I am hoping to get more details soon.

Last weekend, I got my postcard in the mail saying that I passed the 2-kyuu exam for Japanese proficiency. Yeah for me!

Tonight, like Chris, I played cupid and introduced my Australian classmate from Japanese lessons to a very good Japanese friend of mine. Let's call her Ms M. Ms M brought along one of our other friends for moral support, and this was a good thing because it gave Ms M many chances to chat away with him while I chatted with Asako. Oh, in actuality, he could have his choice of either girl. They are both great candidates, in my opinion. Everything was going well. The conversation was comfortable, they were duly impressed with his knowledge of tax-related vocabulary in Japanese (God only knows why we were talking about taxes in Japanese!) and the two of them seemed to get along nicely. Until...

Towards the end of the evening, over dessert, I decided to drop the bombshell - the news about my new puppy. I even had photos to show off. I happen to know that my Australian classmate loves dogs as much as I do, and that he can't wait until he moves back to Australia so he can get his own. Ms M took the photos from me and looked them over. She said, "It's nice for you, but I'm not interested in this myself."

When questioned further, she said, "You see, I just don't like living things."

Ouch. That bites the big one.

I am not sure how he will feel about her after this. I wish I had known this small, but very important detail about her.

She doesn't even like goldfish.

3 comments:

kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping said...

You changed your links!!! I'm so proud of you. Did it take a long time to do?

Interesting about Ms. M...she sounds...interesting. Doesn't like living things? Ah.

BTW, don't you like the houses I posted? What's stopping me from buying (or even lookin at them)? $$ (or yen) and E7...he's perfectly fine to be in our apartment still. I'm still working on him (have been for 4 years). *sigh* That's why I'm living vicariously through you! LOL

L. said...

She doesn`t like living things. Hmmm. I wonder how she feels about....children.

Perogyo said...

Congrats on passing 2 kyu!!!