Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Customer Service my AASS

In January, I wrote a 3-page letter to American Airlines complaining about our problems with them on our flight home to Japan. Surprisingly, I got a response by email:

Given that you have contacted us again, I wish there were some way to resolve this issue to your satisfaction and in accordance with our company policies and procedures as they relate to this matter. While I absolutely understand the point you are making, I'm afraid our position has not changed. We must decline to settle this issue as you have suggested. We are simply making no exceptions to our corporate policy as it relates to this situation.


This was my response, also by email:
And you call yourself a customer service department? You can't even write an authentic response to a complaint? Your email makes no reference to my complaint nor to exactly what you are refusing to in dealing with the issue. Does everyone get a letter like this? I suggested that you improve your customer service in the future! You refuse to do that?! Have you ever been in a customer's position for any situation? You are human, right? Do you realize what you are telling me? That you have a corporate policy of offering only the worst customer service possible and that you WILL NOT do anything to improve it. Thank you for being honest.


This is why they advise you not to respond to emails when you are pi-i-i-issed.

1 comment:

kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping said...

I certainly hope you aren't using AA anymore. I would rather have them not answer me than send me a response like that!