Thursday, February 16, 2006

Before Saying Goodnight

Tonight, I actually sat down and watched the digest version of the Olympics, and I got to see a tiny bit of skating. Japan has only one male skater - Takahashi. But I don't care, I just love watching the figure skating events no matter who is up there. Give my sister credit for that one. I also managed to find out that skating will be on TV from 2:30 am to 7:15, so I am going to set the VCR and tape it.

I started a new blog the other day called Puppy Love Love. I didn't want to inundate this blog with stories about Max, so I thought I would dedicate a blog to dogs and call it a day. It is very much a work-in-progress as I want to write about some dog-related events over the past year, so most of my entries are still in the drafting phase and have not been published. I also need to learn a few more tricks about HTML and blogging before I let it out of the cage, so to speak.

By the way, in a class today, a student asked me what "so to speak" means, and I had NO IDEA what to tell her. What the hell?

I never write about my students for privacy's sake, but I have noticed something really strange about my female students lately. When I call on them to answer a question and they don't know the answer, they look at me with these cute, childish puppy-dog eyes. These are high school girls. I am not sure why they think I will take it easy on them if they do that, but perhaps they are just beginning to discover their potential as women.

I mean, don't even try to tell me that you never ever look at your boyfriend or husband with those big puppy-dog eyes when you want something, and he knows you want it, and you know that whatever it is, he will give it to you because how can he NOT!

2 comments:

kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping said...

Well, the puppy dog look may work on the opposite sex but why do they think it would work on you??? :)

That's great that you put together a blog for your dog. I'll be visiting there periodically!

BTW, love the descriptions of your links...your page is coming together well! :) Nighty-night.

Andrea said...

ya I noticed the discritions too, looking great!!!