Friday, October 27, 2006

Well, I never...

This week has been busy with various activity.

I made friends with a girl in my neighborhood who is expecting her first baby in December. She came over and we mulled over our problems with daily life and pregnancy.

And, I just realized that in the previous paragragh, I referred to my friend as a "girl", when actually she is a grown woman, one year older than me. It reminds me of the time that I briefly considered joining an on-line community for pregnant women. You could join groups according to your due date, so that you'd be able to commisserate with other group members. Before actually joining, I previewed the latest messages, and I was surprised by what I found.

Of the several members who had already joined up for the early March due date group, 2 of them were 15-year olds "expecting their first" child, and another was a 16-year old. Well, I never...

I am certain that these young girls need lots of support throughout this experience, but I was not about to share my most intimate fears and concerns with some high school girls. So, I clicked off of that site immediately and decided that meeting people face to face would be better.


Other than that, I have been busy with the usual. Japanese class, exam week at school, Max & and my new endeavor. Which I will reveal to you soon. The guesses were close, and obviously the people who guessed know me quite well. It is more on the creative side than the academic side though.

2 comments:

kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping said...

You don't think you have enough in common with 15 and 16-year olds? Why not? (said with tongue in cheek). :)

Can't wait to hear more about your new venture!

Karen said...

Maybe they need groups separated by due date and age. Women in their 20's have different concerns than those in their teens, those in their 40's have more concern than those in their 20's and 30's, etc. Maybe you need to start your own group.