Thursday, November 02, 2006

New Endeavor

Okay, as promised I will now reveal my decision.

Not that it is a big deal.

For those who know me well or have been to my house, I am really into scrapbooking and have been for about 9 or 10 years.

I wanted to make a career of it somehow, but wasn't sure how to go about it and read some books to get ideas. Finally, though, I decided to take the easy route and join Creative Memories (CM) as an instructor. So, now I can host workshops or I can teach classes about scrapbooking, and I can sell the products.

So far, I have no workshops planned in the near future, but I would like to start having some after the holidays. I think people are getting too busy right about now, and I actually plan to attend three scrapbooking workshops (hosted by other people) in the next two months, so I'll be quite busy myself.

When I stop working in January, I thought that would be a good time to get started. For now, I have several projects I am working on, and I am planning to sign up for an on-line art class.

So, though I have considered grad school and getting a degree in TESOL, I haven't gone that route yet. Suk is not exactly supportive of continuing education. That is an understatement, by the way. He has asked me why I didn't major in art or graphic design in college though. Well, it was partly because I didn't know I was that interested in it at the time, but luckily I DO use my Communication Arts major every day for my job, so that was worth something.

4 comments:

Trisha said...

I have always wanted to do scrapbooking but for some reason or another haven't. This sounds like it will be fun for you. Hope you enjoy it!

Karen said...

Maybe you can create a blog for it like I did with my new reiki biz (reiki2go.blogspot.com).

Good luck!

WendyJI said...

Congrats! What a great idea! We love having our own business(es) here too. I do know from reading Japanese mom' s magazines that scrapbooking is catching on here as well!

Thanks for revealing!

kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping said...

Sounds wonderful! I'm glad that you're doing something that you enjoy and are good at! It will definitely be a success. :)