Monday, October 16, 2006

Life...laugh about it

Rather than call this entry "Update", I thought I would give it a cooler name. When weird things happen in your life, you should just laugh it off. Or like my colleague who says "Thank you!" and walks away every single time someone insults him. (I am NOT talking about my foreign colleague who recently resigned.)

Me
I am literally up to my ears in scrapbooking projects right now. After reading two books about design and planning, I felt inspired to get going on some new albums. But first, I need to finish my current project. Also, my friend Louise is coming to visit for the weekend mainly to work on scrapbooking with me. (She is also supposed to help put wallpaper borders up in the baby's room.) So, before Louise arrives, I need to get everything in order so that I will have plenty of scrapbooking stuff to do with her.

I am also updating all my files and making explanation sheets for all of my lesson and unit plans. This is for the next teacher who takes my place (and Dildo's place), so that they won't be left hanging. If only I had had something like this when I first started. My hair started falling out during my first year due to the stress of being at such a loss. Anyway, this is a big job and requires a lot of time, but I refuse to take work home these days! So, I am determined to get it all done AT school.

I have recently made a huge decision that will affect my life in a big way. It is really exciting for me, and I have been waiting 6 years to come to this point, so I am glad that I am finally taking this step. I think that the timing is right as I will have 14 months off of work, so despite Matt's appearance next March, I should probably have time to do this as well. I will announce it soon...very soon.

Max
He farts a lot. Really smelly farts that suddenly waft over in your direction. Also, now that the weather is cooling off, he has become much more cuddly. He wants to be right next to me at all times so we can share body heat. What a user! I am going to make an album dedicated to him called "The Many Personalities of Max". Well, that will be later, after my other projects get off the ground.

Suk
Suk is practicing driving every weekend now, and he is making marked improvement. It is much better to drive with him WITHOUT his parents along. I have a whole list of stores that I want him to drive me to, but so far we have only made it to 3 of them. Okay, that is a start. I will probably never run out of stores that I want to go to. (BTW, I got my international license and will be practicing driving in Japan on the opposite side of the road in the coming weeks. My goal is to get my Japanese license before Christmas...or least before they bar me taking the driving test due to my impending largeness.)

Us
Suk and I are getting along much better since I came back from my trip to the USA. Our fights are much less frequent and they are becoming more "normal". Hey, I am not sure what a normal fight sounds like, but I do know what is NOT normal. And, after 2 years of really shitty, abnormal fights, we are finally over that hump, I think. This probably makes me the happiest of all.

My Family
What can I say? My mom and dad are doing fine. Mom is quilting her butt off. She whips them out faster than I can say Quilters Anonymous. I wish I could get a scrapbook done that quickly. I would like to get up the nerve to ask her to make a new quilt for our bed, but that is just because I want something that will match the new curtains, which I have not chosen or bought yet. Did you catch that stupid, complicated sentence?

My brother. Oh dear, what can I say? He is back in town. My best friends who have known me since childhood (and who have the pleasure of being acquainted with him as well) will know what I mean when I say, "he is back." Have you heard the news that the 22-year old guy in Iowa killed his entire family? Well, that is the reason why my husband always worries when my brother comes back to town. Now, you can get an idea of what we are dealing with.

Luckily though, my sister and I are getting along. She started a blog about her quilting, and I linked it up to my blog. She makes the coolest quilts. I don't know how my parents created such creative kids. Even my brother is creative in his own insanity-stricken way.

Okay, that is it for now. Probably boring to readers who don't know me personally, but I have to do this once in a while.

7 comments:

Trisha said...

Hi! Just stoping by to let you know I have added you to my links.

WendyJI said...

loved the update, and can't wait to hear your announcement!.

Some good news though: the government said in the Nikkei Shimbun today that if you pay unemployment insurance and take maternity leave, they will now pay you up to 70% of your salary when you are on leave. It's might start next year (lucky you!) but is worth looking into.

Hugs!

kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping said...

Can we take guesses? I think I have a hunch what it is. :)

Mande said...

Yes, please do try and guess.

kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping said...

OK, here's my first guess...

Is it something to do with scrapbooking? Opening your own business? :)

Shannon said...

My guess is that you are finally going to write a book. If that's not it, then I think it should be. I love reading what you write. Your style has really developed into something awesome.

Shannon said...

BTW, say what you want about your family - but you are all amazingly creative. Wish that ran in my family - I just got the nagging gene!