Tuesday, October 03, 2006

When Christmas comes early

What would be the ultimate Christmas present for you?

Mine came today in the form of someone's resignation. My other colleague suggested getting a cake to celebrate and that we should have the words "Good-bye ---" decorated on the cake. Well, that won't happen until he actually walks out the door in one month, but we'll look forward to that day with all of our hearts.

Shocking as it is, we could not help but smile as we read the two-page resignation letter detailing his "issues" with this job...as if these issues were caused by us. Oh well, we know better.

I don't have to submit my typed document listing the 30 reasons why they should fire him, but my Japanese co-worker still wants me to, so that our bosses will understand that his resignation was not in fact "our fault."

I will do what I can, but for now, I will drink a coke to celebrate this one small victory.

4 comments:

illahee said...

congratulations!!! :D

Gina said...

Congratulations from me too! : )

kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping said...

That is just totally awesome!!! Make sure you write up that list, though!

Trisha said...

Hey I was just wondering about AFWJ. I am thinking about joining and wander what your experience has been.