Thursday, August 30, 2007

What American Wives in Japan SOMETIMES do

After reading your comments and then worrying about the possibility of the pears rotting in their prettily wrapped box, and then also accidentally running in to the guy who owns that parking spot in the parking lot the other day, I decided to ... gulp ... swallow my pride and go down there bearing gifts for Mr 607 and apologize.

He answered the door in his boxer shorts and a t-shirt and his eyes were all bloodshot even though it was about 2pm. I think he had been sleeping...perhaps he works a night shift somewhere. He actually apologized for writing that nasty note! And, of course, he tried to refuse the gift, but that is so Japanese. He took it anyway...I mean, can you imagine if I had said, "Oh, well if you don't want it, I will gladly use it!"

Anyway, all is well and I called Suk to let him know right away. He was eternally grateful, so this weekend will be payback time in a major way. Haven't decided what I want out of him yet.

Well, I have yet another thing to add to my list of broken items - our washing machine! Now, we need to spend money on that, and soon...laundry piles build up very quickly in our house.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I swear one of these days after they refuse to take it the first time I am going to say, "Okay, if you don't want it I'll just keep it!" and then walk away. That holding it out in front of you while begging them to take it, the repeated bowing, it just grates on me. Isn't the unwritten rule they have to refuse like three times or something?

Nice of you to do it for him though. At least you know he couldn't blame you for it.

Hope your eye is better by now.