Friday, August 24, 2007

To Do Lists

Today my mom emailed me to tell me that my dad misses me since I left a couple weeks ago. She also said that he commented on how he misses all the stuff I had going on around me while I stayed there. By this, I guess he means all the 10 million things I seemed to be doing at any given moment.

I have an A-type personality and can't stop myself from making obsessive to-do lists which have 3 columns. One column is for shopping. One column is for things I have to do. The third is for people I must contact in the near future. Once in a while, I forget to put something on the to-do list, so I after I have done something slightly significant (like, "Clean out refridgerator"), I will actually go back to my list, write it in, and then check it off. I just like the satisfaction of checking it off.

So, updating my blog and writing about my trip back home along with several other topics I have been mulling over is definitely an item on my to-do list, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I still have other more pressing things to do. Here's a sampling:

Clean used baby toy with toothbrush
Organize files/documents/paperwork in new file cabinet (hey, we finally bought a file cabinet so maybe I won't lose documents anymore!)
Update scrapbooking blog
Clean Max's ears
Convince Suk to help me put up artwork that I bought in the USA (he is refusing to drill holes in our cement walls...need to keep working on him.)
Clean and organize scrapbooking area
Finish Ailin's album - section for 3-6 months
Plan Ailin's album - section for 6-9 months
Email recent photos of Ailin to friends and family


It keeps going from there. So, now you know why I haven't gotten around to writing about my trip with Ailin to the States.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Man, I wish that I was that good about keeping lists. I will spend half the money looking in cabinets, cleaning the fridge and freezer making a grocery list and I end up forgetting the list on the dining room table.

Gina said...

Mande, I really like that you said this...

"Once in a while, I forget to put something on the to-do list, so I after I have done something slightly significant (like, "Clean out refridgerator"), I will actually go back to my list, write it in, and then check it off. I just like the satisfaction of checking it off."

That is me exactly...OMG! : )