Monday, January 23, 2006

Which Symbol Are You?

Yesterday, Kaz and I attended a seminar for AFWJ, a group that we belong to in Japan. The first thing they asked when we arrived was, "Which symbol are you most attracted to?" We were each assigned our symbol and then told to go sit with others who had chosen the same one.

There were four symbols: a circle, a square, a squiggly line and a triangle. I chose the triangle right away, and there were only two others in my group.

We triangle people are supposedly leaders and we are decisive, ambitious, competitive and athletic. We are also self-centered, overloaded, dogmatic, status-oriented, impatient and driven. Jobs that we tend to go for include executive positions, administrative positions, lawyers, entrepreneurs, etc.

Check out this link if you want to find out more about your own symbol.

http://www.personalityquiz.net/test/symboltest.htm

I must get this from my mom. She is way over the top in the leadership category of life. Anyway, what was most interesting about my group members is that one women is a past-president of AFWJ and other woman is the current president. Also, I used to be the Journal Editor for AFWJ, so there you go. Well, for now, I don't see myself pursuing any leadership positions, except for "Big Mama of our Household" and "Dog-owner".

1 comment:

kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping said...

That's interesting Amanda! I picked the rectangle:

A Rectangle also likes structure and regularity. But she will more establish it with organization, meetings, committees and so forth. This will have to be done the proper way, taking all rules and regulations into consideration. If given a task she will start organizing it to be sure it can be done the most systematic way.