Friday, February 01, 2008

Ailin Stories

I know I don't write much about Ailin, but I thought maybe I should write a little bit about her sometimes. Here is something from just week.



Yesterday, Ailin was playing among her toys which were spread out on the living floor. She came upon Max's orange bone. She picked it up and looked over at Max, who was sleeping on the couch. Then, she crawled over to him, stood up, patted him on the back and handed him his bone. I was like, "watch that little brain work!!!"




Today, she went to daycare for the first time. She only had to stay for 2 hours. When I picked her up, her caregiver said that Ailin cried at first, but then they played some music and she was "singing" along to the music, and after that she was fine. As I was carrying her out to the elevator and we waited for the elevator, the first thing she said to me was, "Ma!" You know what that means, right? That was her first word, and no, it does not mean "Mama". She is talking about Max!

4 comments:

illahee said...

she's such a cutie

Christelle said...

Hi. Your daughter is really cute! (So is your dog). I'm a new reader, nice to meet you! I left another longer comment on your mommy brain post. I have pregnancy brain right now, I assumed after childbirth I'd get my regular brain back, but now I see that may not be the case.

Perogyo said...

Your daughter is gorgeous! I can't believe how close our kids are in age- my son's birthday is on the 21st. He does like older women though!

I think you are really smart to let her go for a few hours at a time to get used to the daycare. That's what I did with the first daycare (in September). My first day was awful though. DS was fine since he was playing but I just bawled! I think it was worse because I wasn't keeping busy, just watching the clock until he came back. So keep busy- go for a massage or something!

Now I don't mind leaving him. He loves it at daycare but he's happy to see me too.

WendyJI said...

Welcome back, Amanda. I missed you. Loved your last few posts, and I can't believe how big Ailin is! Wow.

My DH was very protective about our son for quite a while. He, for instance, swore DS would never go to day care. He's been going 3x a week for over a 16 months now. "Never say never." *grins*

Babies naturally get dirty, and hurt, a little as they grow older and learn about things. That said, you can never be too careful. Two-and-a-half years down the road, I've never regretted being cautious.

You never know what little kids will do. We once caught our DS with Christmas ornaments (how did he get them?) in his mouth. Scared me to death - they were choking size. You really do need to watch them like a hawk.

Don't overdo it at work, and keep posting.

Hugs,
Wendy