Monday, December 10, 2007

Thank you all for your kind comments. At least one of the photos stands out more than the others. It is certainly not the family photo, but that's okay. I will get over it. (By the way, my mom reads this blog and she commented that we all look quite stiff in the photos. I guess that is a no go for her birthday present. Oh well...)
I had to scan these JC Penneys photos anyway, so I thought I would put them up here to compare. They were taken during our trip to Wisconsin last summer. Ailin was 5 months old. There are a few more poses, but these are the ones I have on hand. Can you see the difference?













4 comments:

illahee said...

my theory is, we do pictures all the time back home (holiday portraits, school pictures, ect.) but here it's just an occasional thing (100 days, 7-5-3 and then wedding! lol i'm exaggerating, a bit), and they're so darn expensive, that the photographers just don't have a lot of experience, especially with children. when i took my kids in for christmas photos last year, they had no props (but 'cute' (gag!) christmas costumes) and even though i had brought some things of my own, they thought they had to add some pink roses to sasha's pose. it sucked. *sigh* (ok, i'm not trying to make this about me! lol)

my best friend from high school has two preschool aged girls and she's taken them to sears or jcpenney every six months since they were born. that's something i wish i could do...

Mande said...

That's interesting...I kind of felt like the 20 year old girl who was our photographer came straight out of Tokyo Disneyland. I think it is much more about the costumes than about the pose or the naturalness of the pose. There were two little girls getting their photos taken for 7-5-3 while we were there. They were wearing wedding dresses. Um, can we say "inappropriate"? But, this is Japan.

Sherry said...

I agree. At those kind of places it really is about the costume. That is why people go there. It's their gimmick.

Depending on what I want out of a picture, I kind of like the gimmick and have taken the kids to those places for various things. I also take them for pictures when we are home visiting too. Big difference in the pictures, but I know what to expect when I go to each place and really can't compare them. Apples and oranges.

Mande said...

Yes, I agree with you, Sherry. They should really be compared especially because from a certain age, I am sure Ailin will really dig having the chance to choose her own princess dress and pose for photos.