Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Stupido Arisu Part 2

I am sorry to have inadvertantly deceived anyone regarding half price coupons at Studio Alice. I checked further into it and it turns out that the half price coupons they hand out pertain to the sitting fee only. The sitting fee is 3000 yen at full price, but I heard that on weekly days, the price is reduced or free anyway. I did also hear that some photo studios have you pay a certain price PER POSE, so if you want your family or kids to try out 5 different poses, you will have to pay the price. I have to say that is a big rip off.

I decided to post my heinous Alice photos up here. One reason is because this story is kind of funny. I was really going for the natural look, and I wanted a close, affectionate familial pose. Imagine one where Suk and I hug Ailin close between us, and only our upper torsos and heads appear in the photo.


The other reason is I am so NOT putting any of these photos in our Christmas letter, so I might as well put them somewhere. They are barely passing inspection for wasting a page in her scrapbook album. Actually, one copy is supposed to be for MIL. And we got an 8x10 for my mom. I guess she will have to suffer looking that for a whole year or until we get another one made.

I have to say, in defense of Ailin, that she is so much cuter in real life. Without sounding like a stage mother or anything of the sort, she is the type of kid who always smiles these big wide, toothy grins. At Studio Alice, she did not crack one smile which was very out of character for her. Even that idiotic Disneyland- type photographer could not get her to smile with all her little "tricks and toys." I certainly don't want my Christmas card recipients to think that Ailin always looks this confused.









6 comments:

Midori said...

I think they are adorable!! you guys look great and she is such a cutie!

kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping said...

They are cute photos!! I think they look great. I know you're disappointed with Studio Alice, but I'm glad you posted the pictures here! I would always be wondering. :)

WendyJI said...

I actually like your pics, particuarly those of Aileen! She's so cute. Thanks for posting!

illahee said...

i love the one with her in a chair. she's a cutie!

Phaedra said...

I think the chair picture of Ailin is a winner. You could send that to people without feeling bad about it… God, is she a cute little button!

Merry Christmas from across the pond!

Sherry said...

I think she looks cute.

Which Studio Alice did you use? Some of them have the studio open where every weirdo walking by can take a look at you getting your picture done. I think that causes a lot of little kids freeze up.

Also, some ages are just bad/difficult for kids to get pictures. My daughter was great at 1,3, and 4. Two though was a nightmare. The best pictures of her that year are the ones in which she isn't outright crying, you know.