Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Martha Stewart Almost Saved My Marriage

I actually have something more pressing to write about, but this title has been knocking around in my head for days now.

I admit...I am a sucker for Martha Stewart's TV shows. They are shown on LaLa channel here, both her old one from the early 90's (pre-scandel) and the current one which began to air after she became a free-bird. Anyway, I love both for different reasons, and Suk sometimes comments on my hankering for Martha and her housewifey show.

Then, one day, for the first time, I made one of her recipes. I was just watching her make roast chicken with some young buck who had graduated from Yale (who now has his own show), and it looked easy so that night, I attempted to make the same thing.

Since then, Suk has been requesting "Martha-style" dinners. I didn't think pleasing him would be easy! And for days, I was on a high thinking that Martha Stewart saved my marriage, but then the inevitable happened.

I made roast chicken the following week, and it didn't turn out quite as good. Of course, keep in mind that he was eating it for breakfast since he had come home too late the night before. The chicken was dry and not quite as good. He didn't even eat all of it. I was disappointed, but haven't lost hope.

Now, Martha's web site is bookmarked at the top of my browser, so I can check for recipes every couple of days. (Not every day...mind you...you think I'm crazy?)

No comments: