Saturday, December 02, 2006

Workshops & Home Classes

For any of you who have expressed interest in scrapbooking, I want to let you know that I am starting to have workshops at my house every month. Each month, I will have a theme. This month's theme is "Let's Get Organized."

The hardest step to starting a photo album is to locate the photos you want to use! CM provides us with several photo-safe products to help us organize our photos. Once you organize your photos, you are on your way to making great albums. And whenever you need a certain photo from April 2004, you will know just where to go!

December dates are as follows:
Tuesday 12/12 2:00-6:00
Friday 12/15 10:00-2:00

Although both workshops are 4 hours long, you do not need to be there the whole time. Workshops are a come-and-go thing.

The cost of attending a workshop is 1000 yen. You get a workspace, free use of my tools and the chance to purchase some products individually as you work.

I do encourage you to bring stuff to work on. If there are certain things you need, please order them ahead of time so they can be ready for you when you arrive at the workshop. Otherwise, you can put in an order while at the workshop. Several things will be available for purchasing on the spot.

If you are an absolute beginner, I would encourage you to coordinate a home class or to attend a workshop especially for beginners. Of course, I will be able to teach you individually at a workshop, if one of the other options doesn't work for you.

For more details about what to bring and how to get here, please email me privately.

What is a home class?
A home class can take place at your house, another place of your choosing, or even at my house. If you act as a coordinator, you would be in charge of inviting people to the class, collecting 1000 yen from each participant, and "hosting" the class.

Home classes are 2 hours long, and participants are asked to bring 5-10 photos of the same theme (wedding, party, trip, etc), so that they can make 1 page. I will teach the step-by-step process of making the page by teaching how to use the cropping tools, lay out techniques & journaling. Plus, I will provide all the materials you need to make this page!

Participants are under no obligation to purchase any products from Creative Memories, but they do get a catalog to take home, in case they decide to purchase at a later date. The coordinator receives a couple of free gifts for hosting the class, and there is the opportunity to receive a free album depending on how much her particpants order.

4 comments:

Vicky said...

I hope you are going to get a good number of people signing up for your sessions - if I lived near enough, I'd go!

Good luck with your new venture. And how's baby-blob, by the way?

kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping said...

I wish I lived nearby too! I would love to join the class. :) I hope that thing turn out well! Keep us posted on how many people are planning to show up, OK? :)

Shannon said...

Do you travel? Ha-ha. Actually, the ideas for getting photos organized is even helpful for me here in the US. Now I just have to do it.... I guess it can wait till summer.

Trisha said...

Hope that you have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year!